About Bridge of Life
“In August 2020, Bridge of Life (BOL) led educational activities with 44 participating community health workers (CHWs), focusing on COVID-19 prevention and chronic disease prevention and treatment and its relation to COVID-19. Thanks to BOL, we were able to purchase medicine and personal protection equipment for the CHWs and patients and obtain 80 portable touch-less handwashing stations to deliver to clinics, meeting points and community members who lacked or had limited access to a water source.”
Dino Maccari, Etta Projects (BOL’s partner in Bolivia)
Since Tour DaVita began, it has raised over $13 million for Bridge of Life (BOL) to assist in their efforts to help to prevent, control and treat kidney disease and its key causes around the globe. BOL is an international nonprofit organization working to strengthen health care globally through sustainable programs that prevent and treat chronic disease. Their vision is a world where all human beings have access to quality health care.
In 2021, BOL is still hard at work supporting their partners in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Their international medical missions and in-person kids’ camps remain temporarily suspended, as the safety of their volunteers and the people they serve is still a priority. But in the interim, they’ve adapted their programs to work with their partners remotely and virtually.
With your support of Tour DaVita 2021, BOL’s goals are to:
- Provide lifesaving dialysis treatment by establishing and supporting their partner clinics
- Pilot their first kidney transplant program in Jamaica
- Slow the progression of chronic diseases that lead to end-stage renal disease by empowering health workers to support, treat and educate high-risk patients
- Lower the incidence of kidney disease by early detection through screenings
- Increase the capacity of clinicians through comprehensive virtual training
- Prevent the spread of COVID-19 through personal protection equipment distribution and health training
BOL is humbled by and grateful for all their supporters who make their work possible. Each of YOU play a vital role in serving the people they impact. Your compassion and generosity are helping to create a healthier world for us all!