Rally Your Team for Virtual Tour DaVita!
See how other leaders around the Village are getting their teams pumped up.
MOST OF TEAM IN ONE LOCATION
“I invited my team and their families and guests to meet together on Oct. 2 at a park where we will do a walk/run/hike kind of thing. We will have lunch together with individual boxed lunches, and enjoy social distanced fellowship. We’re also ordering some fun swag as gifts. I made it clear this was not a mandatory gathering, and that they should attend only if they felt comfortable. I also shared with them that on Saturday, my family is having a cookout and we will be walking as a family.”
Director, Wisdom Creative Services
TEAM REMOTE AND SPREAD OUT
“My Tour team (Clinical Enterprise) is up and running! I formed the team, emailed everyone from the CE I saw on the registration list, and then put the word out further over a CE call. I also mention it at the end of every call I’m on—don’t be afraid to ask people directly. Since this year is so different and everyone gets to decide what fitness is to them, there’s really no reason not to participate!Now I’m reaching out to our CE Tour team every Monday via email (soon changing to “reply all-proof” texts) with a participation and fundraising report plus things like how to personalize your Tour DaVita profile or asking them to do one social media post to solicit donations from friends/family.Also, I created a survey asking them to name one song that motivates them, then made a Spotify playlist of all the songs for us to listen to during the Tour. Anything to generate a sense of team and excitement is good!”
Director, Clinical Writing and Communications
TEAM IN FIELD
Our goal is to form groups in sizes that will allow for a virtual “campfire” chat session each night during the Tour, and we’re working now on ways to make that last night really special. Each session will let teammates see and talk with their teams and share how, though different than in years past, the “Spirit of the Ride” is alive and well in their hearts, minds and even in their families. Finally, we will encourage each team to work together and come up with a signature name for themselves.
Group FA Maxton Dialysis, NC
Why Should I Participate?
Activity is good for our physical AND mental well-being!
Bridge of Life is a great organization that helps people all over the world who don’t have good access to health care.
Group activity helps us connect with others. Invite your friends and family!
Put the FUN in Fundraising!
- Have a team shirt custom designed. Reach out to Wisdom Creative Services (WCS) for help.
- Issue a challenge: The person who rallies the most (non-DaVita) participants wins a Tour DaVita T-shirt, backpack or other swag.
- Walk, hike or bike with your immediate family. Host a virtual challenge.
- Have a virtual dance party.
- Have an outdoor scavenger hunt.
- Play a non-contact sport like tennis or badminton.
- Have a virtual jump rope or hula hoop contest.
- Virtually play a physical video game.
- Host or participate in a virtual workout.
- Encourage everyone to send a pic of themselves (training or walking or..?) for your next Homeroom Meeting.
Things to post on social media:
- A pic of yourself walking/running/biking/hiking to get ready for Virtual Tour
- A pic of your family being active
- A screen shot of your donor page with a link
- All with links to your donor page